If you suffer from high blood pressure, having high blood pressure equipment at home is very useful for allowing you to track and monitor your blood pressure during the course of a day. Having this information on hand will let you know whether certain remedies you are taking to counteract your hypertension are effective or not.
By checking your blood pressure regularly at home, you will also be able to present your readings to your doctor on your next regular visit. This will give him or her a much better idea of the factors that are causing your blood pressure to rise or fluctuate.
Types of Blood Pressure Equipment
When choosing a blood pressure meter, you basically have four choices.
1) The first is the aneroid monitor. This is the kind that you normally see when you go into your doctor’s office. You place the cuff around your upper arm, inflate it by using the rubber bulb, and take your readings off of the gauge. When purchasing one for home use, for ease of use, make sure that it is designed to make it easy to attach the cuff using only one hand. You have to be very careful in day to day handling of these as they are usually very fragile and very easily lose their accuracy if banged around a lot.
The Many Types Of Blood Pressure Equipment
- Omron BP785 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, Black/white
- Panasonic EW3006S Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Circulation Leg Wraps
- Omron HEM-780 Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor with ComFit Cuff
- Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor
- RESPeRATE Blood Pressure Lowering Device
- LifeSource UA-100 Home Aneroid Blood Pressure Monitor
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors
An ambulatory blood pressure monitor is used for continuous blood pressure monitoring. Sometimes patients will have elevated high blood pressure readings in a doctor’s office because of their anxiety in seeing a doctor. And, this can give falsely high blood pressure readings. The advantage of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring is that it can track and record a persons real everyday blood pressure over a period of time. With the tracking data provided, the physician can more accurately prescribe medications and treatments.
Take Your Home Blood Pressure Meter To Your Checkup
Proper maintenance of your home blood pressure monitor is essential. When using any type of high blood pressure machine at home, you should periodically take it with you to your doctor’s office where you can verify its accuracy by comparing its results with those of your doctor’s equipment. If not accurate, you should have it recalibrated.